Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Online Poker Rooms with No Download pt. I

Welcome to the first post in this blog! Today, I'm going to go through some of the best major poker rooms that does offer a no download poker option for their player base.

Why would you want to play in a browser, when you can simply download a piece of software, you might ask?

We all have different reasons. I, for one, simply cannot download any software at all, because the only computer I own is a laptop from my job, and my employer has chosen to prevent downloading completely. But I still need to be able to keep a full-ring table going in the background when going through paperwork... because I'm pretty sure no one wants the grumpy, under-stimulated co-worker that I might morph into without it! ;)

Knowing which poker rooms offer a no download option is great, as you can choose one (or several) rooms to make deposits at and be sure you'll be able to play whatever computer you're using at the moment!

Therefore, I've started researching the big online gambling venues and their respective card rooms that offer a flash (or other type of) no download version of their poker software. These are the first three rooms that I've tried out (and approved of, of course).

None of these rooms accept U.S. players - I will try to cover your options in a later post!

1. Titan Poker
This room is a relative newcomer within the online poker industry, but nonetheless have they managed to increase their market share a lot lately. Today, they're one of the big players, and their flash software is one of the better I've used.

Over the three hours that I played, I never experienced any lag, getting seated at a table didn't take much more time than using their proprietary software, and overall I felt comfortable using it.

2. Party Poker
This is a real industry veteran, with its owners PartyGaming having opened it in early 2001 - right by the start of the poker boom. Though their market share drastically decreased when having to shut out U.S. players due to the UIGEA passing the Senate, they're still one of the bigger players.

As for their browser based software, it can be somewhat laggy at peak hours, but other than that it's fine and I experienced no problems.

3. Pacific Poker
Yet another industry veteran, Pacific Poker has long been known as the home of many broke gamblers without a clue. And if you're a serious poker player, you'll know that's a great thing! :D Along with the uprise of today's leading rooms, e.g. Full Tilt, Pacific Poker was one of the rooms to be forced out of the U.S. market, not to come back when the new operators found loopholes enabling them to keep offering their services to Americans.

Their browser based play is a bit dull and unresponsive, though still functional, but the juicy games more than make up for it! I personally recommend PP!

That's all for know. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any tips on how to make it better, please leave a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment